As We develop the www.groupetrak.com site (the “Site”), We (“TRAK”, “We”, “Us” or “Our”) believe it is necessary to pay particular attention to the protection of Your (“You” or “Your”) personal information. We therefore undertake to respect the confidentiality of the Personal Information (as defined below) We collect.
1. Collection of personal information
The type of Personal Information We may collect from time to time may include the following:
- Last name;
- First name;
- Telephone number;
- Contact information where You can be reached;
- Financial information regarding a payment or an invoice;
- Any other identifiable personal information;
- (Collectively, the “Personal Information”).
Information pertaining to individuals or companies that is contained in written or electronic documents that are publicly available is not considered Personal Information.
Personal information is collected online when users voluntary register on the Site in order to use Our services.
2. Reason for the collection
We use Personal Information in order to contact You and in order to protect You and Us from errors and fraud, follow up on personal transactions and comply with legislative and governmental requirements. It is likely that We will use the Personal Information in order to send You offers, help Us grow and help Us improve Our Site and develop it according to your interests.
We collect, use and/or disclose Your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To create and maintain Our accounts receivable;
- So that a third party can provide the product You requested;
- To send You information about the products and services You require and to respond to Your requests and questions;
- To process payments and collect unpaid amounts;
- To identify and protect against errors, fraud, theft and other illegal activities;
- To better understand Your needs and preferences;
- To carry out commercial transactions;
- To provide customer service;
- To organize and manage contests and / or surveys;
- To inform You about new offers and promotions;
- To comply with legal requirements; and/or
- For any other purpose for which You otherwise provide Your consent.
We will only collect, use or disclose Your Personal Information if You are aware of it and consent to it, unless We are permitted or required to do so by law. Consent may be granted in a variety of ways, depending on the type of Personal Information collected, used or disclosed:
- TRAK will obtain Your express consent (verbal, written or electronic) to collect, use or disclose sensitive Personal Information, such as Personal Information of a financial nature;
- TRAK will use Your implied consent to collect, use or disclose Your Personal Information when: (i) express consent has already been given; or (ii) the purpose of using the Personal Information is reasonably apparent to You.
TRAK will ensure that Your consent is only required to the extent necessary for the services, activities and programs offered.
Unless there are legal or contractual restrictions, You may revoke Your consent at any time, on reasonable notice. TRAK will inform You of the implications of this revocation. In order to modify Your consent, please refer to the Contact section of the Site.
4. Limit on use, disclosure and retention
The Personal Information collected will not be used, disclosed or retained for purposes other than those specified at the time of collection, unless We obtain Your consent or unless required by law.
We will only retain Your Personal Information for as long as is necessary or as required by law.
We make reasonable efforts to ensure that Your Personal Information is as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is intended. You may request access to Your Personal Information held by Us at any time in order to review and modify it as required. If Your Personal Information was provided to Us by a third party, We will ask You to contact the third party (e.g. credit bureau).
The Personal Information We collect is kept in a secure environment. People working for Us are required to respect the confidentiality of Your information. To ensure the security of Your Personal Information, We use the following measures:
- SSL Certificate
- Access management
- Bruteforce Protection
- Identifier / Password
- CMS monitoring plugin
This Confidentiality Policy and all related information is available at all times on Our website, www.groupetrak.com, under Confidentiality Policy, or on request.
8. Access to Personal Information
Upon request, TRAK will inform You of the Personal Information it holds about You and the use and disclosure it makes of it and will allow You to consult it. You have the right to challenge the accuracy of Your Personal Information and have it amended accordingly.
9. Amendment of the Confidentiality Policy
This Confidentiality Policy is subject to updates. As such, We invite You to refer to any changes that may have been made since the latest version.
TRAK is responsible for the Personal Information under its control. When We use third-party services to carry on business activities, process credit card payments and provide customer services, We take the necessary steps to ensure that these third parties comply with this Confidentiality Policy and all applicable privacy laws.
11. Limitation of liability
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, TRAK WILL NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES CLAIMED THROUGH JUDICIAL PROCEEDINGS OR UNDER CONRACT OR OTHERWISE ARISING OR RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE PERSONAL INFORMATION CONTAINED ON OR OBTAINED FROM THE SITE, EXCEPT IF SUCH DAMAGES RESULT FROM ITS OWN ACTS OR THOSE OF ITS REPRESENTATIVE.
TRAK’s policy was implemented in order to comply with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (the “Act”) and any other provincial privacy legislation.
13. Individuals under the age of 18
Individuals under the age of 18 should not provide or post any Personal Information on Our Site.
14. Contact us
If You have any questions or comments regarding this Confidentiality Policy, or if You want to revoke Your consent or file a complaint regarding a violation of the principles of confidentiality, please contact Us at [email protected]
TRAK will inform individuals who make comments or file a complaint about the procedure to be followed, as necessary. If a complaint is found to be justified, We will take appropriate action, including the amendment of Our policies and practices, if applicable.